Here is a simple diet plan for weight loss, aimed at people who are overweight but not suffereing from weight related illness. It is a simple, easy to follow plan.
Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day - you SHOULD NOT skip it. A balanced breakfast will keep you active and alert. In fact, skipping any meals is just not a good idea. You will initially lose weight but it will not be sustainable.
Generally, eat smaller controlled portions every three hours through the day. You can do this for years and control your weight effectively. Crash diets are short term and short sighted and often put stress on your body for little gain.
1. Two eggs and slice of wholemeal toast or small bowl of porridge (unsweetened) with fruits
2. 30 grams of cereals (such as weetabix, fruit and fibre or all bran) with semi skimmed milk / 0% greek yogurt with jam and muesli
Stay away from the fried and refined foods, such as white breads, fried fish, chips and crisps.
1. a Jacket potato with tuna or baked beans and salad
2. boiled potatoes and salad, chicken (preferably breast) or baked/poached salmon with rice and salad/pasta with tomato sauce.
3. Lean turkey slices on whole meal bread with salad (such as tomatoes, rocket, cucumber, peppers etc.)
4. chunky soup and a wholemeal salad sandwich
5. tuna nicoise salad (easy on the dressing)
6. green lentil salsa (home made) and a piece of grilled salmon
1. grilled chicken breast (no more than 1 if big cut or 2 if small cuts) long grain rice and steamed vegetables or salad.
2. chicken breast fajitas: chopped raw vegetables, spicy tomato salsa, shallow fried chicken breast pieces with wholemeal, low fat tortilla wraps (no more than two)
3. Salmon or cod steak with couscous and vegetables
4. fresh tuna steak / salmon ceasar salad (easy on the dressing!)
5. falafel in wholemeal pitta bread with hummus and salad, a small side bowl of couscous (home made)
1. Low fat cottage cheese with oat cakes
2. low fat greek yogurt with a few chopped strawberries
3. a handful of mixed nuts and seeds
4. vegetable sticks with low fat cattage cheese or low fat cheese spread
Try and avoid late night snacks and certainly avoid any sugar or carbohydrate based food late at night as during sleep time the body will convert unused carbohydrates and sugar into fat around the abdominals.
Try and control the size of your portions and drink plenty of water.